Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting Ready!!!

First, good news from South Texas. Rains, thanks to the 'tropical depression' a few weeks ago have been added on to some surprisingly good rains from late spring to now. Cover is gigantic, which will make the early part of the season this year a bit difficult to stay with a dog...but the quail crop promises to be outstanding.

Second, is a call this afternoon from Robert Barksdale, who always stays out there on the cutting edge of new hunting dog developments, tells me about the hottest new dog collar available this year!

Steve Snell of Gun Dog Supply (one of the best sources for Dog supplies for hunters) is recommending the new SportDOG SD 1825 for those of us with running dogs. His opening line on his website review of the collar starts with:

"The SD 1825 is so cool it is now the only training collar I will use on my bird dogs and retrievers. To give you an idea of how big a deal this is to me, I have been using the same model e-collar since 1998. I have tried at least 50 or 60 new systems over the last 11 years but I always went back to my old system. I could not find another training collar that fit my needs. I started using a prototype SD 1825 in September 2008. I ended up using it the entire 2008 - 2009 hunting season and have not looked back."

The Sport Hunter SD-1825 has a ONE MILE range, weighs less than 5 ounces, a customizable transmitter for your way of doing things, and 8 levels, plus a separate 'tone' (which I use a lot, after conditioning the dogs to the 'tone/stimulate' sequence. Very quickly, the stimulate is all my Brittany's need!) Oh, and it uses Lithium lon batteries with longer run-time between charges.

http://www.gundogsupply.com/sportdog-1825-sport-hunter-1-dog.html#range

I am not being paid for this recommendation, but I sure intend to pay the price to buy one!

No comments: