Friday, June 29, 2007

Quail Hunting with a Camera!

I enjoy taking bird hunting pictures! In fact, a Canon EOS 20D increasingly replaces the Winchester 101 as my preferred weapon, although it certainly doesn't do much to fill the 'bag'! Above, my friend and long time Dos Jefes partner Richard Nelson, over "Hello Dolly De Lamont" in February, 2007. (click pix for larger image)


My wife Sharon took this one of Bo Nose De Lamont. It's won it's share of photo contests and even appeared in the American Brittany Magazine. (I learned a lot from Delmar's book, after Bo let me read it!)



Apple De Lamont...one of my favorite head shots. Apple is owned by Dr. & Mrs. Daniel Roe of Pearace, Arizona. She is a small, bundle of energy...a very animated bird dog that has the run of a large ranch in Southern Arizona!


I love this shot of L&M Ramblin Rose, taken 'pre-digital' in 1997 while hunting with George Tilley near Kennedy, Tx. We lost Rose for awhile and spotted her on point, 250 yards across a fence in a neighbor's pasture. Thank goodness for the long zoom. There's something very 'cosmic' about this moment!

No comments: